American Whitewater has been collectively fretting over what to do about our 2020 festivals as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak for months.
But now the path forward still seems fraught with complexity and uncertainty. Because of that uncertainty, we have decided to CANCEL FEATHER FEST. It breaks our hearts to have to do this, but we feel like it’s in the best interest for you, for us, and for the rural community that welcomes our event each year.
A bit of good news is that the release schedule for North Fork Feather is still on schedule. If you do choose to paddle please take a moment to consider our recommendations for paddling responsibly.
We do plan to have a virtual event in lieu of the festival. We know that it’s not the same, but it will be a great opportunity for us to keep you posted on our work here in California and you can win some great shwag if you join or renew your AW membership! Stay tuned for more information in the coming months.