Help Remove Scotch Broom at Purdon's Bridge!

Saturday, March 30th from 9-1pm the South Yuba River Citizen’s League is hosting the annual Scotch Broom Challenge! Scotch Broom is a non-native invasive weed that has become rampant throughout the Sierra Foothills - especially Nevada County. It’s highly flammable dead or alive and removing it reduces fire risk. Our event will be meeting at the SYRCL office at 9am, but we’re ok to meet at Purdon’s around 930–try to carpool to maximize parking. As this take-out/put-in is used regularly by Foothill boaters, I thought it would be a great opportunity for our community to represent themselves as stewards of the rivers we love. If flows are appropriate I’m planning on running E-P beforehand, afterwards, or maybe both y’all are welcome to join. Hey, maybe we’ll just do the whole darn thing down to Bridgeport, shoot for the moon, right? If you are interested please email cody@yubariver.org with questions or call the SYRCL office at 530-265-5961 where you will also reach Cody. I hope we take this opportunity to protect our access and remove some nasty invasive species. Should be fun in the sun! (or even better…Rain!)

https://yubariver.org/event/scotch-broom-challenge-2019/